Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Year = Tired

For many people, Chinese New Year holiday is a holiday for resting. For me, it is always the busiest and tiring holiday for me. From new year preparation until new year days, everyday get many thing to do. Shop for new year goodies, preparing for stuffs to pray to the god, decollation, go wet market for getting foods, spring cleaning, cooking, doing gardening and so on. Everything is enough to kill me. That’s why after the new year, I am usually like a dead meat – so tired.

This year on new year eve, I was telling myself: Can I not to celebrate the new year any more? Just treat it as normal days for me to rest, sleep and do noting. However, when look at my parents, they are so urge to celebrate the new year because this is the only chance they are going to have a reunion dinner with all their kids and grandchildren. For them, this is one of the most important day in a year, most important than their birthdays and married anniversary. I can not disappoint them.

The fire crackers. Playing it is illegal by law but legal by culture.


Go to temple and pray for Tie Sui. This temple in my hometown is famous because it has more than 400 Gods in the temple.

The hanging Ang Poa. I asked my father to do it and he enjoys doing that. The vegetables in my father’s farm are growing well. They are for Chinese New Year.
Flowers are growing well as well in new year.

No comments: