Monday, July 19, 2010

An Open Mind for Change

Finally on 29th June 2010 my office has official started 5S which is part of LEAD initiative – People Empowerment. Give the staffs the authority to make decision regarding to what they want to do and how they want to do. 5S is only one of the excessive for People Empowerment.

1. Sorting
2 Straightening or Setting in Order
3 Sweeping or Shining or Cleanliness (Systematic Cleaning)
4 Standardizing
5 Sustaining the discipline
6 Safety

The methodology is not able cleaning the desk but for oneself to decide what he/she really needs for work. If anything that he/she doesn’t need to use/have in the next 6 months, better drop. For those stuffs that don’t need to use for next 1 year, most likely is not going to use any more.

So, you can see the before and after 5S.
This is BEFORE.
This is AFTER.
This is one of the team's standard for their desks.
I also make my drawer very neat and clear. My food bar is closed after 2 years and 9 months. Many people are upset about it closed.

Ka Poi me before 29th June already cleaned my desk. Since had nothing to do on the actually, was helping Office Administration team to clean garbage.

No comments: