Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Biopsy Result

Today went to Gleneagles Hospital and collected my biopsy result. Can’t cheat myself, I was a bit worry and nervous even though I already prepared for any bad news. Sat in the clinic and waited for more than 1 hour before I met the doctor. The 1 hour seemed like as long as a century.

Finally I met the doctor. He just told me 2 sentences before I got a chance to ask him a question. However, the 2 sentences are one of the most beautiful words I even heard. What he said? “You are fine. It is not cancerous.”

Maybe I was too happy, only replied 2 words: Good, good but forgot to say “Thank You doctor”. Felt so bad about that.

Below is my biopsy report. Frankly speaking, I don’t know all the words in the report. However, I know I am fine and this is the most important thing. D told me “good man got good life”. I wish I can have a good life even though I don't consider myself as a good man.

Name of Patient: Wong Chee Siong
Histology Lab No: HP-08-6640
Date Revived: 28 August 2008
Lab Charge Code: H201

HISTOLOGY REPORT

MACROSCOPIC
A fragment of skin 0.3 cm in maximum diameter and 0.3 cm in depth. There is a slightly elevated, brownish area in the centre 0.2 cm in maximum diameter.

MICROSCOPIC
Sections of skin show a cystic lesion in the dermis lined by stratified squamous epithelium. There is extensive disruption of the epithelium, with granulation tissue formation in the adjacent tissue and a patchy infiltrate of acute and chronic inflammatory cells, including foreign body type multinucleated giant cells. No dysplasia or malignancy is identified. The appearances are those of a ruptured, inflamed epidermoid cyst with evidence of abscess formation.

CONCLUSION
Skin excision biopsy (right lower eyelid):
Ruptured, inflamed epidermoid cyst with evidence of abscess formation.