Saturday, June 28, 2008

An Unacceptable Careless

In Geneva airport after checkin and window shopping, suddenly I found my passport and boarding pass were not with me. Checked my bags and pockets, I couldn’t find them. A bad feeling immediately came across my mind: I lost my passport.

Tried to think back, I knew most likely I left them in one of non-open checkin counter because that was the last time I saw my passport when I put my e-ticket into my laptop bag. However, it was 30 minutes ago. Airport has so many people, I didn't think it was possible that my passport was still there.

Rushing back to the counter with my colleague, we just hoped good luck was with me. When got closed to the counter, I finally released because I saw my passport was on the counter. Thanked God, it was till there.

If I really lost it, I must stay in Geneva and apply a new passport. I don’t mind to stay there but as I know, it is very difficult to get a new Malaysia passport. Even though I able to get a new one but the processing days and the trouble are going to kill me since we know the service standard for Malaysia government officer is “World Class”. Maybe it is more easer and faster for me to get Switzerland citizenship than wait for Malaysia to issue me a new passport.

No comments: