Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Birthday Celebration 一个人

People asked me how I celebrated my birthday. My answer is: Had dinner alone and went to Chinese Tea House for 3 hours tea.

Go to restaurant for dinner is always an issue for me. Reason is no1 in the restaurant believed I went there for dinner alone. It is unusual in Nantong.

Remember the seafood restaurant I went in my birth day, the staffs there kept asking whether I was kidding for going there alone. That night, thanks for the waitress who insisted her colleague and the manger to get me a room on my because she said the main hall was too many people and noisy.

After that night, I became famous in the restaurant. Every1 in the restaurant called me “一个人”. When the 2nd time I went there, the manager told others staffs: 那一个人又耒了”.

Everytime I went there, some waitresses came to the room and chat with me. Reason was they curios why I went to restaurant alone and how come I can speak Mandarin since I come from Singapore. Most of the girls told me: 你好可怜,一个人吃饭.

The 3rd time I went, in my room, the max was with 6 people ( the waitresses, red wine promotion girl and the Chinese wine promotion girl) in the room until the manager chased some of them out. She told them: 你们别一直的问客人问题了。他都不好意思吃了。

Even the 阿姨 who picks the 都说:你很好。我喜欢你。以后耒南通,一定要耒看阿姨。我给你挑大个的海鲜。

南通人,少了都市人的事故与冷莫。多了一份单纯,热情与友善。但是我担心,这一切的美好,在大发展的巨轮下,会在几年之后粉碎消失。

These were what I had for my Bday dinner. Can you believed the bill was only about SGD$20 and with 1 room where had 1 waitress who only served me????

No comments: