Sunday, March 9, 2008

Glad to See the Change

I am so happy and so excited tonight. Today is Malaysia's 12th General Election. I came back to my hometown and vote. I always support opposition party (DAP) and always hope it can have a chance to do something for Malaysia.

Tonight, my dream came true: DAP takes over Penang . Wow…. What a good news? Opposition parties are doing good in this election.

LL and I are so excited. We called and SMS each other and shared all the good news. I also called my other friends and told them the good news.

Before the election, LL, my friends and I did discuss whether it was good or bad if DAP took over Penang . People’s main concern is DAP doesn’t have experience in governing a state.

I agreed with them. However, I wanted them to answer 2 questions if they thought inexperience was a main concern.

1. BN has governed Penang in the past 50 years. We knew it wasn’t doing a good job. If BN had a chance to govern Penang for another 5 years, did you think it could do better? Or it was still considered “inexperience” and we needed to give it another 50 years? Since we could give BN the past 50 years to try, why couldn’t us gave DAP 5 years to try and prove that whether they could do a better job than BN?


2. When John F. Kennedy ran for presidency in USA, American knew he was young and inexperience. However, Amemrica was willing to give him a chance and try. Today, the history proved that American did make a right decision and Kennedy did also prove that he has done a good job as the President of the United State of America.

The history is going to repeat again. Now not only USA but the whole world is looking forward to have a 1st black or 1st woman president in USA .

USA is a young country (is about 200 years old) when compare with other countries like China and UK . However, it is the strongest counter in the world. Reason are American willing to ACCEPT new and willing to GIVE a chance to others. Since American can do that, why we can’t?

Today Malaysian (Malay, Indian, Chinese and others) did use their votes to tell the world that they are willing to ACCEPT new and willing to GIVE a change to others.


P.S. This was the 1st time I voted and I am so happy to see the result which is unexpected good for the opposition parties.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did the analysis yourself or copy from some where? I can't believe you can come out with such in depth view. OWN it! You are copycat master :)

Alfie said...

Shi Mei,

Those are very simple analysis.

Try to read more newspapers and books. The more you read and the more you know.

Therefore, when people talk about any topic, immediately you can think out some points to support/against them.

That’s why you say I am 牙尖嘴利. :)

Alfie said...

Shi Mei,

Those are very simple analysis.

Try to read more newspapers and books. The more you read and the more you know.

Therefore, when people talk about any topic, immediately you can think out some points to support/against them.

That’s why you say I am 牙尖嘴利. :)