Monday, March 3, 2008

Illness with Mercy

Month ago a family member found that she has cancer but has high chance to be cure and fully recover. Everyone is worry about that. This is the 2nd cancer case in my direct family after my cousin pass away in age 26 few years ago.

For cancer, I don’t feel much about it after some of direct/indirect relatives and friends died because of it. For me, to get cancer is as easy as catch flu. Perhaps I already get used to it.

Read an article, the writer said cancer is illness with mercy. It easier takes away people’s lives but it does allow people to have time and do what they want to do before the last day of their lives (sounds like the movie: P.S. I Love You). It doesn’t like any kind of accident, take away a life in sudden. I do agree with it.


For me, I don’t mind if I die because of cancer. It does give me time to do what I want to do and say goodbye to people who I love. Maybe only a day but at least I have that chance to do.

P.S. Everytime when think about cancer, a movie immediately appears in my mind. It is a 1994’s Hong Kong movie - Endless Love <新不了情>. A group of professional actors and actresses with a tragic story and a beautiful song which made this movie memorable.

新不了情: 精彩对白

我觉得生命是最重要的,所以在我心里,没有事情是解决不了的。不是每一个人都可以幸运的过自己理想中的生活,有爱有楼有车当然好了,没有难道哭吗?所以呢,我们一定要享受我们所过的生活。

No comments: