Thursday, March 13, 2008

Look at People’s Strengths

I always remind myself to look at people’s strengths but not weaknesses because no one is perfect. However, I haven’t seriously practice it.

Today due to unknown reason (seriously I really don’t know why I made this decision), I decided to try my best to look at someone’s strengths. He is a person that people give more bad comments than good comments.

If only talk about his strengths, actually he is a smart person who can see some things (or foresight) that most people can’t see. Also, he likes to give advice (people think is criticizing because he usually uses harsh tone).

He is aggressive and demanding. Put ourselves into others people’s shoes, I understand why he needs to do that because he is leading a regional team.

I believe I am fortunate to have many chances to get advice from him now and in future (for sure). I do appreciate all the advices he give me. I really can’t deny that those advices are good. Some of them do help me to be a better person.

Nowadays is not easy to find a so senior person who willing to spend an hour or 2 to advice, teach and share his experience with me.

A senior did tell me, look at people’s strengths and learn from their strengths. I agree with her and I am practicing it now, from today.

No comments: