Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hong Kong Trip 2008 - Day 1

Adventure Trip to Hong Kong
After bought the ferry ticket to Hong Kong, have been rejected to go Hong Kong from Humen – Dongguan. Reason was since Dec 2007; only allow taking ferry and transiting from Hong Kong airport but not entry it. After heard that, I almost fainted.


Didn't have a choice, I needed to take taxi from Humen to Shen Zhen and then take train to Hong Kong. Have heard a lot of stories about taxi driver in China robs and kill passenger.

I was really worry the same thing was going to happen to me. On the way to Shen Zhen, I kept telling the driver I was broke and only left RMB$400 with me which just enough to pay him for the tax fee. I didn’t have any cash already.

Also, did kept reminding him that I did SMS his license plate, name and taxi driver license number to my colleagues in Dongguan, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong. (actually I didn’t SMS) Signal to him was if I was missing, they were going to report to police with his information. I also told him that my colleagues were waiting for me to call them after I reached Shen Zhen train station and made sure I was safe.

Thank God, I reached Hong Kong safely.

Paid more and booked a sea view room. However, the pollution in Hong Kong is so bad, not able to have a clear sea and city view. (Update: 2nd day the typhoon was getting worse. Raining and very strong wind. Same view from hotel room.) Typhoon
I was so “lucky” and met the 1st Typhoon in my life in Hong Kong. This was also the 1st typhoon in HK this year which was unusual early. Usually the 1st typhoon of the year hits HK on June.

Check the tree, can tell how strong the wind was.
On my way from Time Square to Agnes B Café, wondering why so many people on the street. They don’t need to work? Nice night view in Hong Kong. Saw this poster. Wondering how 慧敏 can be as young and pretty as 20 years ago. I can’t believe she is 40 years old. People always in memory. My Love - Shopping

If say China trip was for eating and then Hong Kong trip for sure was for shopping.

No intention to buy anything from Agnes B. However, the service provided by the sale person was so good, so good until I couldn’t say no for the bag and sun glasses he showed to me.

Love this Armani bag. Can adjust the size. In love with singlet. Bought many difference designs.Clothes with special design.The shoes.Some nice jades I bought.

No comments: