Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A 32 Years Promise

Interested to watch the movie Stardust is not because it is good but it allows me to get back the fantasy which I lost for so many years. Maybe only teenagers are qualified to have fantasy and I am too old to have it already.

I saw shooting star quite a few times. The most memorable one is the meteor rain from Leo on 9 years ago. It was a winter, my friend and I drove to a corn field and watched the meteors. That night the sky was crystal clear and was a good night for watching shooting star.

We stayed in the car and looked at the sky, from 11:45pm till 5:00am; we really saw a lot of meteors dropping from the sky. Followed with what we belief, we did make a wish everytime when we saw a meteor. Really couldn’t remember how many wishes we made. I believe it was more than 100 wishes. It was a special and sentimental night.

We did make a promise to watch the meteor rain from Leo 32 years later at same place and same time. Why 32 years? It is because one cycle of the meteor rain from Leo is 32 years. After I made the promise, felt guilty that I did think that most likely I was not able to keep the promise because 32 year was really too long.

However, time is flying fastest than I expected and 9 years has pasted without my notice. Now leave out for only 23 years. In fact, i am thinking of this promise most of the time.

Silly me why think so much. Most likely my friend already threw the promise to the sea right after made the promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is really amazing to see meteor rain... wonderful experience although its only in singapore. I already forgot what wishes I made...

=) chert