Monday, February 18, 2008

An Advice

Today I went to visit a master who spends half of his life in Buddhist study. I went there to ask him one question: How can I be happy?

When I saw the master, before I said a word, the master already asked me: Don’t think too much and let go.

I was shocked he said that because I was very sure he already knew what I was going to ask him and knew the cause of my problem.

Below are the conversion between the master (M) and I (I).

I: Master, how to let go and not to think about it? I practice 般 若 心 经 (THE HEART OF PRAJNA) and understand the meaning of “色即是空,空即是色 (Form itself is emptiness; emptiness itself is form)”. However, I just not able to reach that level that can let go everything.

M: Use your mind. Since you already know it is not going to help you at all even though you keep thinking of it. Then why you still keep thinking of it? You need to know how to use your mind to control the situation but not let the situation to control your mind.

In the next 1 hour, we discussed THE HEART OF PRAJNA. I am not sure whether I did learn anything from this discussion. However, I know the only person who can help me is myself.

Before I left the temple, the master told me, I am in the peak of good luck/fortunate for the following 10 years. If I know how to let go and not to think too much, I don’t need to seek for his advice in next 10 years.


P/s. I forgot to ask the master whether he has power to seal up or erase some of my memories. If yes, then for sure i won't keep thinking of it because i already lost the memories. You might think i am very silly right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see him too! I love to friend with ppl with wisdom. D.I.F.F.

Alfie said...

He is in JB. Sure will arrange for you to meet him. :)

Anonymous said...

每一个人在短暂的生活中,
都会不断地遭遇到挫折,困扰。
这对我来说,
是上天对我们的考验吧.
不管后果是怎么样,
最终这番独一无二的考验,
换回来的是人生的经验。
而这就是自我检讨与鼓励的主要因素。
而记忆就是经验的保障,
它会永远的提醒您过去的考验,
避免重复就错。

您现在知道为何有记忆的存在?

小宁

brad said...

Would you be happy if you could stay "right here, right now" and not try to be in the past or future? What do you think is keeping you from being in the present?