Wednesday, October 3, 2007

India-India : 3 Oct 2007


The office
FCI office in Bangalore is in the International Tech Park which is the one of largest tech parks in Bangalore. The office has about 70 people there who support 3 regions. A small office and people are nice. There is a big underground center which connected all the buildings. Inside are all the shops, restaurants, banks and others. Surprisingly I found Pizza Huts and KFC too.



Pandit Ravi Shankar
Today after work, we went to Pandit Ravi Shankar which is about 1 hour drive from office. It has temples and sprits treatment/training centre which is free. People can go there and attend any courses.

The owner of this place is Pandit Ravi Shankar who focuses on his study in Art of Life. This place is beautiful and peaceful. It welcome everyone who wants to understand what is the meaning of life and to join the training. You can stay there as long as you want. You also can contribute on farming, cleaning, cooking and...etc. At this place, no one is difference with others. Everybody is equal.

The Kids
When visited one of the biggest tample in Pandit Ravi Shankar which looks like a lotus flower, I saw 2 young kids there. The little girl was mopping the stair and the little boy was talking to her. I believe they stay in Pandit Ravi Shankar with their parents, I guess.

After I passed by the little girl, I took a photo for her with her beautiful smile. The little boy was curioused about my camera. He was following me, looking at my camera and talking to me. I really didn’t understand what he was taking about. After asked my colleague for helped to translate, I realized that he never seen a camera before. I took this chance and took a photo for him. After that I did show him the photo. He was very happy to see himself in the camera.

It was a bit shock for me about the little boy didn’t see a camera before. In Singapore or Malaysia, most of the kinds have mobile, laptop, PlayStation and else.

India is a very extreme country between rich and poor. I saw some very big houses but just cross the road, there are lot of houses which look like going to corrupted soon. Can see dog, chicken and human are stay under the same roof. The living condition is really bad. I feel a bit upset about those people but it is life, I know.

Vegetarian Dinner
Tonight we did try a North Indian Vegetarian food. It consider a big restaurant in Bangalore which has 3 floors. They put all the food on the banana leave. A lot of foods I don’t know what they are but the taste is fine. It was an interesting and good experience dinner for me. Don’t think I have many chances to have this kind of traditional Indian food in Singapore or Malaysia.

Blur King Proven 2
This one is classic and for sure anyone who read it will faint. That day when arrive Changi Airport, I wanted apply for mileage claim for my fights. So I went to SIA service counter since I was taking SIA. I used my “beautiful” voice and told the lady that I wanted to apply for mileage claim. When the lady looked at my air ticket, she looked a bit surprise and confuse (I was wondering why she needed to be surprise and confuse). Then the lady returned the air ticket to me and told me something. After I heard what she said, I was ran as fast as I could and made sure no one heard what she said.

For sure you want to know what the lady told me. The lady said: Sorry Sir, this is Malaysia Airline Service counter. If you want to apply for mileage claim, please go to SIA Service Counter”. OH MY GOD. How blur I am. It was really embarrassing. Now when think back I still feel so embarrassing. Please don’t tell anybody about this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont tell anybody? I think you are telling to the world now... LOL!

DIFF

Alfie said...

Just keep it between friends is OK.Anyway, don't think many people read my blog.:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah we should really appreciate what we have in Singapore or Malaysia... be contented!

Li Lian