Friday, October 5, 2007

India-India : 4 Oct 2007

Traffic in Bangalore
Traffic in Bangalore is really unbelievable worst. People here drive by their own traffic rules. I thought this kind of driving only able to see in the movie but I was wrong. Everything is really out of control. Even the driver we reserve for this week also told us Bangalore has the worst traffic in India. Also, my colleagues from USA and France who have been a lot of countries also told me this is the worst traffic that they ever seen.

For me to describe the traffic condition here at least needs to use a million words to write but I am not going to do that. I only can use “UNBELIEVABLE” to describe.

My colleagues and I played a game on the way back to hotel tonight. Started with a

sentence:If I have a car in Bangalore, I would” and then everyone gave their answer to complete this sentence. Below are the answers from each of us.
Manager from Paris: If I have a car in Bangalore, I would sell it immediately because I never able to drive here.
Manager from USA: If I have a car in Bangalore, I would park it in the car part forever because I won’t drive here.
Manager from Singapore: If I have a car in Bangalore, I would ask other people to drive for me.
My answer is: If I have a car in Bangalore, I would give it to my enemy and let him drive in Bangalore. I want to know how fast he will get crazy and become mentally ill. .

Another thing is traffic jam is really back here. My colleagues everyday need to spend 1.5 to 2 hours on the jam to the office and back home. Some time even jam for 3 hours and more. I really pity their situation. In Singapore, a lot of people won’t consider to work in a place where needs to spend more than 30 minutes in the traffic.

Oh, forgot to mention, driver here likes to "horn" all the way from one place till final destination. What a amazing way to drive.

Shopping
Today we to GM Road where is the main shopping area in Bangalore. Just like Orchard Road in Singapore. GM Road has a lot of big shopping malls and can find traditional/modern stuffs here.

In this place I realized that what is the difference between heaven and hell. In side the shopping malls, very nice interior design and selling beautiful but expensive stuffs. However, when walk out from the shopping malls, a lot of garbage on the stress, road was full of holes and everywhere is very dusty.

We only had about 1.5 hour to shop and which was very rushed. Only able to shop at 2 shopping malls. Even though I only had 1.5 hour, Shopping King like me (I am double king: Blur King and Shopping King) for sure can buy a lot of unnecessary things. When walked out from the shopping mall, no surprise I was the one who carrying more shopping bags. Total were 4 bags. Thing here not consider cheap but I really couldn’t control myself and kept buying. This is where my money gone – SHOPPING.

No comments: