Tuesday, October 9, 2007

India-Inida : 9 Oct 2007

Cochin
Reached Cochin on Sunday morning. The weather and scenery are very much like Singapore and Malaysia, very tropical. It isn’t like Bangalore where the whether is nice. In the end of the year is around 15C.

Stay in Taj Residency Hotel and have a beautiful sea view from my room. Can see the house boards which park beside the hotel. Everyday the hotel guests can join a 1.5 hour free Sunset Trip which allows the guests to take the board and have a sea view trip.

In the late afternoon, my colleague in Cochin did bring me to see the Chinese Fishing Net. Those are giant fishing nets which about 3 floor high. As I know, people in India learned this fishing skill from Chinese. That’s how the name came from. We took a boat out and have a sea view trip. Did see some fishing villages and small islands. Unfortunately, not able to see any dolphin which usually only appears in the morning. It was not an exciting trip but very relaxing.


The most exciting part is I found tap water in Cochin is GOLDEN color. Just like what my friends told me. I have to turn on the water and let it runs for about 10 minutes to get clear water. However, only some places in India are like that. At least water in Bangalore is ok.

No comments: