Monday, December 17, 2007

The City of Love – Paris (2)

Versailles
After reached Paris, I took a 30 minutes taxi to go to Versailles where is my company HQ located. Couldn't believe the taxi fee was Euro$90.90 which is SG$200++. So expensive.
After checked in to the hotel, I immediately go to visit the Palace Of Versailles which is just behind my hotel. This palace used to belong to King Louis XIII and Louis XIV. This is a huge palace with a lot of well known paintings.
So nice to meet a cute Korean girl in the palace. We did exchange contact and I invite her to visit Singapore for her next trip.
Champs Elysees
Actually did look forward to visit Paris since I was a kid. So frustrated about this trip might because recently have so many things to handle. The main reason is I strongly disagree to visit Paris alone. What a stupid idea. Visit the City Of Love alone? You must be kidding me.
Anyway, today I am here, in Paris and alone. That’s why I feel so lousy and stupid. My 1st visit in Paris was Champs Elysees. The reason is simple; LV HQ is just beside Arc De Triomphe. For a lot of people, they don’t need to visit Eiffel Tower or Musee du Louver but must go LV. I swear, I am not a LV fan. However, unfortunately most of my friends are. Therefore, I have a lot of “order” on hand for LV bags.
After took few shots with Champs Elysees and Arc De Triomphe, I immediately ran into LV shop. Didn’t think much, just passed the shopping list and my credit card to the staff and hoped everything could be settled in one second. Again, I didn’t get anything for myself from LV even though I did try to force myself to get one. However, I failed again today.

Eiffel Tower
Something I really wondering whether I am blur or blind. This afternoon I did walk out from the train station where Eiffel Tower located. Such a huge tower which just beside me when I walked out from the station but I didn’t see it. Tonight, when I went back to the same station and finally I found it. So excited because it is really beautiful when the light is on.

Met 4 Japanese girls and I had problem when communicate with them with English. Anyway, we were managed to communicate by using body language. It was fun to “chat” with them because we needed to spend sometime to guess what we were trying to tell others. I really met quite a few interesting people in Paris today. One of them is the sale person from LV. He just likes me who can talk non-stop. We chatted until almost wanted to invite each other out for a drink.

Food in Paris
No wonder I heard some people said good food is in France. Today I understand what it means. What I tried today for lunch and dinner were seriously good. Tried a slice duck as my lunch in the restaurant Pont De Seine which just next to Eiffel Tower. It was really yummy. I had not complaint for it. For dinner, I had it at Chez Clement which is in Champs Elysees. The main course was a combination with pork rid, beer and duck. The taste was really good. I don’t mind to try again. Miracle
Today I see miracle which is a blur king like me didn’t lose in Paris. I was travel alone but I did manage to get to the places I wanted to go and able to find my way back to Versailles. It was unbelievable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Enjoy Paris!