Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I.T Face

One comment I usually get from others is I don’t look like an I.T (Information Technology) person. People surprise when I tell them I work in I.T field. They usually say the way I dress and my character don’t like a I.T person.

I believe there are few reasons make people do give me these kind of comments.


1st is I being too talkative: I can chat with anyone with any topic. Impression for people can be positive and negative for that. Negative impression is I am that kind of person who talks too much and not firm when do thing.

2nd is I am being too friendly: I like to talk to people from difference departments in the office. When compare with all others I.T colleagues who just sitting on the desk and keep working whole day, I am really very difference with them. I have been advised, if I am a MP and I don’t need to mingle with the grassroots. Just need to make decision and give instruction.
3rd is my dressing and this is the most import part: People who don’t know me usually have a wrong impression that I work in a design field as a fashion designer or art designer. Usually they are not able to guess my professional from my dressing.

Today told to a friend, his feedback is I am being too fashionable. It is not good for my career since I am not working in that kind of environment where the management is willing to accept my dressing and my taste of fashion. This friend actually does keep remaindering me that I must follow the expectation of the management but not my own expectation. I know what he said is truth. To take his advice, I decided to dress like an “I.T Professional”. So, I am going to wear blank shirt and only wear polo shirt on Friday.
Below are some of my Friday dresses. Believe is not consider too fashionable right?

1 comment:

Alfie said...

Although I don’t know who you are. However, from your comment, I strongly believe there is something wrong with my dressing and I am going to improve it. Thanks for the comment.