Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The City of Love - Paris (9)

Merry Christmas
My planed on 25th Dec was going to the 2 famous churches in Paris – Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur. The reason was it is always a good idea to go to church on Christmas.

Notre Dame
Yes, it is a huge and beautiful church with all the statues outside. Nothing much to talk about it because it is just a church.
People lighted up the candles and made a Christmas wish. I did too (I’m a Buddhist and did that was not because of religion). My wish on Christmas was very simple – World Peace (no human and nature disaster). I didn’t make a wish for myself because I considered myself is a fortunate person. What I have is much more than a billion people (according to statistic, millions of people died every year because without food or clear water and billions of people not able to afford to go to colleague) in the world. Therefore, I made wish for everyone in the world.
Beautiful glasses on both sides of the church.
Scare Coeur
For Parisian, the church which must visit is not Notre Dame (it is just because the book and movie made it famous), it is Scare Coeur. This is a huge white church which built on the top of a hill. Honestly, it really looks like Taj Mahal. When reached the top of the hill, able to see the city view of Paris. I am sure at night it is beautiful.

When reached the church, people were doing Mass. I was so attracted by those wonderful and peaceful songs. Sat on the hall and listed to those beautiful songs which made me felt that my Christmas in Paris was meaningful. Those lovely songs helped me to have a good ending with my trip in Paris.
Conclusion of the Trip
Paris is a beautiful city and because of this, millions of people from all over the world are going to visit her every year. I do appreciate the beauty of Eiffel Tower (day view and night view), Seine River and the art pieces in Musuee De Lourve. If you ask me whether I will visit Paris again, for sure my answer is yes but not alone.
Backed to Where I'm
After traveled for more than 20 thousand KM (around trip to Paris), I am backed to Singapore. Found that no matter how long I travel or how far I travel, in the end I still have to come back. Life needs to carry on, work needs to do and issue needs to face with. This is life.

Live in the Way You Want To
Did spend about 27 hours in the airplanes (round trip) and able to finish 7 movies. 2 of the movies did mention about: be yourself and live in the way you want to.

This is what I used to encourage L2. L2 is a smart and strong girl, I am sure she is able to make it. Me too, I am sure I am able to make it. Just be myself and live in the way I want to.

No comments: