Friday, December 21, 2007

The City of Love - Paris (4)

French Food
In Paris, besides sightseeing, shopping, bar/club, the only thing which I interested is food. Last night went to a restaurant with a French friend. This restaurant only services CREPES which is like a pan cake. This was my 1st time tried this kind of French food. Totally didn’t how it tasted when order.
An old designed menu which make me feel like I am backed to 1950.
Can’t remember the name of the wine. Taste likes apple juice but actually contains quite strong alcohol. Never known that French people do drink wine without using glasses.
Ordered a sea food CREPES. The taste is nice.
Dessert was dark chocolate CREPES. It looks ugly but the taste is not bad. I love dark chocolate but not with 99% cocoa.
2 couples were singing in the restaurant. My friend told me that they were singing old French love songs and he likes the songs very much. For me, I found they were making a lot of noise. Sorry, I’m just telling the truth.

A True Laugh
The French friend who I had dinner with last night is really a fun guy. Seriously he talks a lot and has good sense of humor. Compare with him, I consider myself is a very quiet person. Anyway, it is so nice to know him. He made me laugh for the whole night.

I can’t remember for how long I didn’t have a good laugh liked last night. It was a true laugh and I was really happy or at least I tried to be happy. Honestly, I am a bit tired to have a fake laugh or a fake smile on my face.

Last night was very tired night because of stayed out till after midnight but I felt relaxed and happy. However, after backed to the hotel, I couldn’t sleep again. Maybe this is the price I have to pay for my short term happiness. This is what people call “A Fair Trade”.

French People Are Friendly
Before came to Paris, some friends did tell me that French people are elegant. They are not easily being friendly to others. Even thought the French taxi driver I met also told me the same. However, since day one I arrived in Paris until now, almost every French people I meet are very friendly.

Everytime when I meet anyone in the company, train station, restaurant, club/bar and shop, I just keep a smile on my face and say 'Hi' to them. Everyone does say 'Hi' or talk to me. Even though I went to club/bar alone and I had not issue to find someone to chat with.

Therefore, next time I am going to tell my friends that actually most of the French people are friendly. You just need to be friendly to them and they will treat you nicely.

No comments: