Saturday, December 22, 2007

The City of Love -Paris (5)

2nd Visit to Eiffel Tower
Last night after I done with my shopping (yes, shopping again) in Champs Elysees, did go to visit the beautiful Eiffel Tower again. It is very beautiful when at night with yellow right on. Every one hour, it lights up with white flashing light for 10 minutes. For me, it is the most exciting part for Eiffel Tower.
My New Friends
Last night in the train station, I did meet Jeremiah and Jason. They are from Florida, USA and come to Paris for they long winter vacation.

When I met them, they were on their way to Eiffel Tower. Since I didn’t have any program, so I decided to join them for my 2nd visit to Eiffel Tower. 1st When I saw Jeremiah, I was I bit shocked because he did give me a feeling that he is very much likes one of my friends. I can say their age and their look are about 70% the same. After I told to him, I can confirm that Jeremiah and the friend I know are 90% similar in personality and character. So strange, one is American and another one is Chinese but they have so many things in common. After said goodbye to Jason and Jeremiah, did meet Chernayshova in the train station. We wanted to go to Versailles. She is from Russia and study Chemical Engenering in Paris. We had a nice chat on the way from Paris to Versailles. She did teach me French and Russian. We found that I have problem to learn French because I have difficulty to pronounce R sound. Since she is going to graduate on Jan 2008 and go back to Russia, I did tell her one day I am going to visit her there.

An Adventure Night
Chernayshova wanted to meet someone who stays somewhere near my hotel (from the map it is but actually not). Since it was11:00pm at night, I felt it was safe for her to walk on the dark street and searched for the place. So, I offered to go with her. One the way I found out she didn’t know the person and she needed to get something for the guy. Hmm…... it was middle of the night and a young girl went to a city her never been and looked for someone she never met. A question immediately came across my mind: “What the hell is going on here?”

Just imagine, in the middle of the night and the temperature was -6C. A guy who was carrying 2 large shopping bags, walked on the street with a young girl who he just met 1 hour ago. They were searching for the address and looking for someone they never met,. What they were doing? For sure, many of you are thinking I am stupid. Why put myself into risk to help someone I don’t know. Maybe Chermyshova and the guy are criminals. I totally agree with that. However, when I found out all the truth, it was too late for me to leave her on the street and I walked back to the hotel.

It was a blessing, after 40 minutes lost on the street and we finally found the address and met the guy. They kept talking in French and I had not idea what they were talking about. I just saw the guy passed an envelope to Chermyshova. I did see there are some cash inside when Chernayshova opened it.

Before Chernayshova was going back to Paris, I kept mention to her that never even done this kind of thing again. It is really dangerous for a girl to meet someone she never met in the middle of night. Somehow the place is where she never been. From her face, I knew that she was scared too.

Thank God for blessing and I was safe last night. However, I am hungry now because I haven’ have my dinner yesterday. It is because I am being too nice sometime and keep helping people. End out I am starving but no one can helps me.

No comments: