Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Mr. Nice???

Friend told me that she found I am really a Mr. Nice and accommodating after a dinner with me. Reason is when I ordered food, I tried to order something she likes. For example when I ordered my own dish, I did ask her what meat she liked, how well she liked it to be cook, even as small thing as when order for side dish, I did ask her whether she liked French Fried, baked tomato or potato. My intentioned was I would like to share my order with her so I better ordered something she liked as well. For me, when I want to give or share something with others, I would like make sure I do offer some thing good to them. Otherwise, I rather not to give the offer.

She knows I am being thoughtful to others but others might not think the same. Advice from her is it is good to be nice to others but must careful and try not to “over” do it. Reason is people might take advantages from me. Even though they are not taking advantages from me, they might take it as granted and somehow not appreciated. There worst is they might think what I do is I am just trying to please them or there is a motive behind.

I do agree with her. Actually I never expected any return from others after I do or help them for something. For me, being nice to others is a MUST. However, I do feel unconformable if anyone does try to take advantages from me or think I am trying to please him/her.

No comments: