Monday, December 24, 2007

The City of Love - Paris (7)

Shopping
Went to the 2 famous department stores Printemps and Galaries Lafayette. I was disappointed after found out they are just a normal shopping malls and nothing special at all. The shopping mall Ngee Ann city in Singapore is much better than Printemps and Galaries Lafayette.

As usual, after walked out from the shopping malls in Paris, I did carrying a few shopping bags from LV and Prada. They were the order from my friends. I just realized that I spent a lot of shopping time in Paris but 95% of the things I bought are for my friends.

These are the 3 LV I helped my friend to buy. Did throw away all the boxes because it was impossible for me to bring them back to Singapore.

The beautiful glass roof on Printemps
Very cute window display in Printemps. The breakfast I had in Printemps which was very heavy.

A Christmas Dinner
On 23rd Dec, I went to Alice’s sister house for a Christmas dinner with her family. It is always good to meet new friends. They prepared a French style Christmas dinner with is without honey ham, turkey and BBQ pork or beef (these are UK or American style Christmas dinner).

The starter was fresh oyster, then follow with goose liver (I never seen a whole goose liver before. It was BIG). The main disk was fried scallop with salad and steam prawn. Last part was cheese and then ice cream cake. Spent so much time to list down all the foods is because this was the 1st time I tried a French style Christmas dinner. All the foods were wonderful. Alice’s sister in law really knows how to cook.
All difficult kinds of cheese. However, I don’t like them because the taste is too strong, especially the Blue Cheese.

No comments: