Thursday, December 20, 2007

The City of Love - Paris (3)

Hibernation
I am not sure whether is because of jetlag; my sleeping time is changed. I feel sleepy from 5:00PM to 3:00PM (Singapore time) which is 22 hours. Sounds like going into hibernation.

Because of almost feel sleepy most of the time, everyday I feel that to have a French dinner is torturing me. It really takes too long to finish it. It usually takes 2-3 hours and everyday I am about to sleep on the dinning table. Don’t know why French people have this kind of luxury time to spend for only a dinner. For me, I’m only willing to spend about 20 minutes for a dinner and quickly go back to hotel, take a shower, listen to songs and sleep.

The International Team
Today my team went to a nice French restaurant for team dinner which was paid by the CIO (Chief Information Officer). So, we had big budget on hand for the dinner. What I like most is the dessert in the restaurant which is excellent.
I am in Global Data Warehouse (GDW) team and each of the team members is from difference countries: Vietnam, Belgium, France, Africa, USA, Singapore, Malaysia and India. Too bad the members from India and Singapore not able to join us in Paris.
From your left: Florence (born in Africa and now is French), Debra (born in Italy and now is American), Alice (born in Vietnam and now is French), Alfie (born in Malaysia and now is Singapore Permanent Resident), Herman (born in Belgium and now is French), Cyril (born in France but parents are not French and from 2 difference countries).
Wonderful snails I even had.The very beautiful and attractive restaurant owner who serviced a traditional French dessert – ile flottante a la louche. The taste is nice. A French dessert I ordered – profiterole. Tell you, it is really great.

Christmas Present
Today received a Christmas present from my GDW team colleagues. My colleagues told me that this kind of combination is traditional French Christmas present. I guess it is because it has goose liver and wine which are traditional French products. I like the present but I have a big problem now which is how am I going to bring the present back to Singapore especially with a big wood basket.

No comments: