Sunday, December 23, 2007

The City of Love - Paris (6)

Musuee De Lourve
Finally one of my dreams has came true; I went to Musuee De Lourve. Since I was a kid, always heard, read or saw pictures, news or article about Musuee De Lourve. Of course, the most well known is Monna Lisa painting and her famous enigmatic smile.

The museum is huge. I was trying my best to rush here and there for more than 5 hours but I still not able to finish visit all the halls. In the end, I decided not to continue my trip in Musuee De Lourve because I was so tired and got bored already. No wondered my colleagues in Paris told me I need at least 1 week to visit the museum.
The ugly painting: Monna Lisa
Met a family from Singapore. Did go with them to the museum.
From the frozen ice, can tell the weather is very cold.
The Art Piece I Love
For me, the most beautiful painting in Musuee De Lourve is not Monna Lisa (actually I do think it is ugly). The one that I love is the painting about the dead of an angel. When look at the painting, I feel the world is quiet, peace and even the time is stopped running. The angel’s face is so placid and like she is sleeping and having a nice sweet dream but not dead.

La Seine
After left Musuee De Lourve, the sky was getting dark. Decided to take a walk by Seine River and the reason is that Seine Rive is another one of must visit in Paris. People always talk about the beauty of the river. Of course, sit on the cafĂ© beside the river and have a cup of coffee also a “must do” activity in Paris.

Took a 30 minutes walk by the river, I did appreciate the beauty of the river view. However, walking alone in Paris and only had the freezing air accompany with me which did make me feel a bit down,especially when listened to the songs I have from my MP3 which made me felt even worst.
Seine River is very beautiful at sunset.

A Unique Area in Paris
My friends bought me to a unique area in Paris. The fun part is something what people do on the street for sure is illegal in Singapore. However, this is Paris and everything can be possible. It is always good to have this kind of exposure and understand about Paris. Did go for a drink there. Maybe the environment was nice and relaxing which made me drank a little bit too much. I was a bit drunk.

A Missing Part in Paris
Honestly, almost everyday I have difference exposure and adventure in Paris which are what I am looking for. However, don’t know why I do feel that something is missing in this trip. There is a missing part for my trip in Paris.

No comments: